BR>This eSATA Controller Card turns a PCI Express (1x) slot into an external SATA port, to provide a quick and hassle-free external storage solution.
Supporting SATA 300 (SATA II) hard drives (backward compatible with SATA /150) and data transfer rates of up to 3Gbps, this PCI Express eSATA Controller Card is the perfect solution for upgrading existing eSATA capability, or simply adding an external SATA port to a PC desktop computer.
Using a native PCI Express single chipset, the controller card provides enhanced compatibility, reliability and performance for your external storage needs. The controller card also features Port Multiplier support with command based switching for connecting multiple external hard drives to a host computer through one eSATA connection.
The PCI Express eSATA Controller Card also features an internal SATA port, which could be used for a conventional (internal) SATA drive installation. Please note that the internal SATA port can not be used at the same time as the external SATA port.
The StarTech.com Advantage
* A reliable way to connect high speed, high capacity external storage
* Includes SATA cable
* Standard and Low Profile bracket included
* Supports SATA II for data throughput speeds of up to 2.5Gbps
* Compatible with PCI Express 1-lane (x1, x2, x4, x8, x16)
* Compliant with Serial ATA 1.0 specifications
* Easy to install and use with full step-by-step instructions
* Hot-Swapping capabilities
* It uses a native PCI Express single chipset that provides enhanced compatibility, reliability and performance for your external storage needs.
* Offers one external eSATA port and one internal SATA port. (Both can't be active at the same time)
* Port Multiplier support with command based switching for connecting multiple external hard drives to host computer through one eSATA connection
* Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
||20 mm [0.79 in]
||102 mm [4.02 in]
|Number of Ports
|Shipping (Package) Weight
||0.1 kg [0.22 lb]
||44.2 g [1.56 oz]
||120 mm [4.72 in]
||1x eSATA (female)
||1x SATA (female) (Cannot be used at same time as eSATA)
|Maximum Transfer Rate
||Windows 2000/ XP(32/64bit)/ Server 2003(32/64bit)/ Vista(32/64bit)/ 7(32/64bit)/ Server 2008 R2, Linux, and Mac OS 10.4.x, 10.5.x
||JBOD, Port Multiplier
||Includes SATA cable