These unique Addonics converters are designed to quickly convert the slimline ATAPI interface commonly used with notebook optical drives into high speed Serial ATA or USB 2.0. Attached easily to the back of the ATAPI connector, this small converter board is ideal solution for rack mount PCs, blade server or small equipment that demand high speed storage and improved air flow of the SATA or USB cabling system.
slim ATAPI to Serial ATA Converter
* Serial ATA 1.0 compliant
* Convert any slim drive ATAPI/IDE interface to Serial ATA interface
* Optional mounting bracket - installation instructions here
* Support ATA 33/66/100/133
* simple plug and play, no drivers required
* compatible with any Serial ATA controller (SATA ATAPI devices may only work with host controllers using Silicon Image chipset, or any other controller supporting ATAPI Devices)
* Fully RoHS Compliant
note: slim ATAPI to Serial ATA Converter must be connected to a SATA controller compatible with Serial ATA optical drives. All of the Addonics SATA controllers are compatible with Serial ATA optical drives.